Friday, July 31, 2009

Say It Aint So PapiPlease



I believe I speak on behalf of Red Sox Nation when I say NESN gave us a bit of a scare this afternoon. When we looked at our TVs ; and saw Tom Caron saying the New York Times has reported David Ortiz being on the anonymous list of players who tested positive for Performance Enhancing Substances in 2003, no Red Sox fan was leaving the TV for the fridge – unless it for a couple of cold ones. ;

This really hurt me to find out. ; That being said, I’m going to keep giving Ortiz the benefit of the doubt until I hear more. ; We don’t know what he tested positive for yet and until we do, it’s unfair to spill our emotions on the guy. ; Ortiz has been my favorite Sox player since Nomar left Boston and I’m not the only one who loves him. ; Watching an Ortiz homer is perhaps more special than watching one by any other player. ; Whether it sails in the Green Monster against a lefty or it lands in the glove of Okajima in the Sox bullpen, we love to see our Papi do his thing. ; Everyone knew the name “Big Papi” after that homer in Game 4 of the 2003 ALCS. ; Now if this news takes a turn for the worst, then I’ll be writing something different. ;

Continue reading "Say It Aint So PapiPlease"