Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Next stop in my baseball career the Toledo Mud Hens



In my life I have attended many more major league games than minor league ones, but 2010 will be a chance for me to experience the minors like never before. ; I will be working in media relations for the Toledo Mud Hens of the International League. ; The Mud Hens are the Triple-A affiliate of the Tigers and play at Fifth Third Field, just an hour from Detroit, which means that Tigers on rehab assignments will likely make cameo appearances throughout the season.

Those who have worn the Mud Hen uniform include Hall of Famers Kirby Puckett (the team was affiliated with the Twins from 1978 through 1986) and manager Casey Stengel, as well as longtime Tigers Travis Fryman and Kirk Gibson, and active players Curtis Granderson of the Yankees and Carlos Pe�a of the Red Sox. ; Scott Sizemore, who will replace Placido Polanco as Detroit’s 2nd baseman this season, spent the better part of 2009 in Toledo.

Continue reading "Next stop in my baseball career the Toledo Mud Hens"