Monday, May 17, 2010

Lebrons Elbow



Most folks were nervous in the 8th inning with two on and no bullpen to go to. Not me, and my faith was not in thanks to Buckholz. See, the Celtics had just closed out their series with the Heat (a game later than they should have, I know...) but as I said in my last post...ever since the very first night of the 2010 season, when the C's win, the Sox win.

I've got to admit, I didn't watch much of the Sox game, though I was lucky enough to tune in for the key moments, such as Lowell pinch hitting for Ortiz, and then drawing the walk with the bases loaded for the go-ahead run. Then I was back for Ramon Ramirez remembering how to pitch. Really, this was the best he's looked all season, and on a night when Papelbon, Okijima, and Bard were all unavailable, his performance was nearly as impressive as Buckholz himself going 8 and giving up just 1 run.

Continue reading "Lebrons Elbow"