Saturday, August 1, 2009

Believe in the Sox but not the Halladay rumors



I was filled with all sorts of emotions when I got a text a couple of hours ago saying that the Sox had offered Buchholz, Bowden, and Westmoreland for Roy Halladay. ; Now rotoworld.com is saying that’s not the case. ; For those of you that don’t know, rotoworld.com gives minute by minute updates on sports rumors and updates. ; I was all ready to blog about this trade when I read the latest posting saying that this trade offer never happened. ; What I want to know is how a rumor like that got started without having any validity to it…then again we’re in the world of sports, so I guess this happens. ; I dunno though, I’m not ruling out any trade ideas yet.

In any case, Gordon Edes of yahoo.com first reported the trade rumors around 2:30 PM today (7/28). ; http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AtvS2BliJHl5BYz85vUyDk85nYcB?slug=ys-tradebuzz072809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns. ; Although nothing has yet appeared on redsox.com, the story was also posted on Weei.com as well as rotoworld.com. ; However, at around 5:00 PM, Dan Roche from WBZ radio on his twitter account that “Source tells me sox have not offered buchholz, bowden and westmoreland for halladay.” http://twitter.com/RochieWBZ/status/2896255726. ; Well this sure is getting interesting...

Continue reading "Believe in the Sox but not the Halladay rumors"