Friday, December 18, 2009

Twins-Tigers game was exactly what I wanted



The 12-inning thriller that was the last regular season game ever played at the Metrodome was exactly what I wanted to see. ; When the Twins and Tigers played a four-game series in Detroit last week, I found myself rooting for the Twins to close the gap in order to create an exciting finish to the regular season – ideally a one-game playoff. ; When that happened, I decided it would be great for the city of Detroit to send their team to the playoffs, but what I wanted most was to see a great game. ; My wish came true when the two teams played a nail-biter that could have gone either way, but eventually sent Minnesota to the postseason. ; Props to both teams for giving the fans what they deserved.

How ‘bout that?

How about Jason Kubel? ; The Twins slugger hit a pair of three-run home runs in his team’s must-win game against Kansas City just to force Game 163, and added a solo shot in the game against the Tigers that decided the AL Central. ; For the season, Kubel hit .300 with 28 home runs, 103 RBI’s, and a .907 OPS – all career highs. ; Additionally, since taking over in right field when Justin Morneau went on the disabled list and Michael Cuddyer moved to first base, Kubel has not made a single error, giving Manager Ron Gardenhire confidence in his team despite the loss of one of his best players.

Continue reading "Twins-Tigers game was exactly what I wanted"