Friday, November 6, 2009

Nobodys perfect



Last week I saw Andy Pettitte throw six and two-thirds innings of perfect baseball at against the Orioles at Camden Yards. ; With two outs in the bottom of the seventh, Adam Jones hit a ground ball to third. ; Alex Rodriguez was getting the night off, and his replacement at the hot corner, Jerry Hairston, booted it. ; Having grown up an Orioles fan and somewhere along the way developing into a Yankee-hater, one might think I would have been rooting for the Birds to end Pettitte’s bid for perfection; however, this was not so. ; As a fan of the game, I wanted to witness history. ; Sure; I would have preferred seeing an Oriole pitcher throw a perfecto (though even a shutout by one of this year’s starters would have been historic), but I can’t expect miracles.

Continue reading "Nobodys perfect"